Tel: 0118 384 2195
Relaxed performances are open to everyone, but we especially welcome people who will benefit from a more relaxed performance environment, including families with young children, people with an Autism Spectrum Condition, sensory and communication disorders, or a learning disability. The performances may be adapted in a number of ways in order to reduce anxiety and ensure a safe and enjoyable live theatre experience. There is a relaxed attitude to audience noise (voluntary and involuntary), the lights in the auditorium may remain on throughout the show, sound effects may be softened and audience members are free to leave and re-enter the auditorium at any point. Space is available in the foyer for audience members who would like a quiet space before and during the performance.
Relaxed performances are usually on the Monday night of the run, from September 2022.
Come As You Are nights
At Progress Theatre we want all our patrons to feel comfortable during every part of their experience. We know for trans, non-binary and gender non-conforming people this can be difficult to achieve in all aspects of their life. Therefore we will offer a ‘Come As You Are’ night during each production to help you feel even safer in our venue.
What this means
- We will open earlier at 7.00pm.
- We will provide changing facilities for patrons before and after the show.
- Our Front of House volunteers will have special in-house inclusivity training.
This doesn’t change
- The content or timings of the show.
- That trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming persons are welcome to all performances during a run.
- That the tickets are still on sale to the general public and cis (non-trans) patrons are welcome also.