3-6pm Saturday 12 May 2018
Calling all bakers!
Progress Theatre will be hosting its very own Bake-Off on Saturday the 12th of May from 3-6pm. Get your tickets here.
This is the latest event in our fundraising initiative to improve the theatre's car park. Every penny raised will go to that initiative.
In true bake-off style, we will have three categories of bake. You can submit to one or all of them; the choice is up to you:
- Signature Bake: a flavoured bread (sweet or savoury) that reflects your personal tastes
- The Technical: 12 biscuits or cookies (iced or naked - we don't mind!)
- Showstopper: a Drama-themed cake (go to town!)
Entrance is £10 whether you would like to be a contestant or just come to watch and sample all the bakes. Yum!
Bakers of all levels are most welcome, and the winners will get a prize. If you are intending to bake, please let us know which category/categories you will pick when you're buying the tickets.
Your judges are:
- Laura Mariel Gonzalez from Nomad Bakery in Caversham, Reading
- Sam Alexander from The Flowering Teapot in Reading
- Our very own baking fanatic Iona Rottmann from Progress Theatre who is an active baker for Free Cakes for Kids Reading
May the best bake win!
Again, proceeds from this event will go towards funding our new car park.
Watch That's Thames Valley TV's report on the bake-off here.