Calling all bakers!
Progress Theatre will be hosting its very own Bake-Off on Saturday the 12th of May from 3-6pm. Get your tickets here.
This is the latest event in our fundraising initiative to improve the theatre's car park. Every penny raised will go to that initiative.
In true bake-off style, we will have three categories of bake. You can submit to one or all of them; the choice is up to you:
- Signature Bake: a flavoured bread (sweet or savoury) that reflects your personal tastes
- The Technical: 12 identical iced biscuits or cookies (we leave the theme up to you)
- Showstopper: a Drama-themed cake (go to town!)
Entrance is £10 whether you would like to be a contestant or just come to watch and sample all the bakes. Yum!
Bakers of all levels are most welcome, and the winners will get a prize. If you are intending to bake, please let us know which category/categories you will pick when you're buying the tickets.
Your judges are:
- Laura Mariel Gonzalez from Nomad Bakery in Caversham, Reading
- Sam from Samantha Alexander / The Flowering Teapot in Reading
- Our very own baking fanatic Iona Rottmann from Progress Theatre