Progress Theatre are looking for an inventive, organised and enthusiastic Theatre Manager to come and help with their administration for 1 day (8 hours) a week. This will be a 1-year contract, to be reviewed at the end of that period.
Application deadline: 5pm, Friday 2 August 2019
- Managing the theatre’s buildings maintenance list, including gathering quotes for work, liaising with external contractors and coordinating work where necessary
- Searching for and completing grant applications on behalf of the theatre
- Searching for other funding sources including sponsorship and donations
- Reviewing and updating the theatre’s data collection and storage policies, ensuring GDPR compliance
- Reviewing, updating and publishing documentation relating to processes and policies, working closely with the Theatre Trustees
- Investigating marketing opportunities in coordination with the theatre’s Marketing Manager, including expanding the reach of the theatre’s youth group
- Gathering information to complete the members’ area of the theatre website, ensuring members have access to all information they require
- Assisting with any other administration needs that might arise
What we are looking for:
- Good computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Common sense and problem-solving abilities
- Experience of social media and other digital platforms
- Experience of working in an office or administrative environment
- Knowledge of theatre and/or the arts
- Experience of web design
- Knowledge about data privacy and/or GDPR
- Charity experience
- People management experience
The Theatre Manager will report into the Trustees under the supervision of the Vice Chair. This is a flexible, home-based role and the Theatre Manager needs to have access to a computer and an internet connection. They will be required to attend meetings at Progress Theatre in Reading or in another suitable location on several occasions during their contract, to be agreed upon appointment.
Remuneration: £24,960 to £31,200 pro rata (£4,992 to £6,240) dependent on experience.
Holiday entitlement: 5 days per annum
For any questions or to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a CV and cover letter.